Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Power Tripping!

Hurrah! A book for my birthday!

At least that's what this elegantly wrapped birthday gift appeared to me. Forgive my excitement over a book for I've been a repressed book lover due to its ever increasing cost. I made my best guess at the title underneath the signature wrap my girlfriend is starting to get famous for. Lemme see... I can only think of one right now. I thought it would please my girlfriend if I opened the gift with her around. You know... so she can see my reaction. So I set it down beside me and started driving.

Two blocks down the road and as I've failed that marshmallow test, I found myself unable to suppress the building suspense. With enough care to not tear the hand-made paper apart, I started unfolding from the edge. Wait, I recognize that color pattern! This IS the book! Hurriedly, I ripped the rest and behold...

The one book to rule them all... [evil laugh]

Finally, I've got my wanting hands on the book I've been wanting to dissect, law by law, and all 48 of them (i think an equally clinical book review is in the works)! The title alone intrigued me, better yet, mesmerized me, having first seen a copy at Powerbooks. I mean, come on. Who doesn't want to stand out, to gain respect, to bask in the spotlight, to be successfull, to relish in more victory, to play on people's fantasies, to wreck fear on the weak, to annihilate your enemies, to have ultimate power! [evil laugh again]

Sorry got carried away. Hehe...

0 Comments: