Sunday, May 6, 2007

Still Dreaming of SLR

Couldn't help but go through my dad's stuff last night...

It never crossed my mind how huge a fortune this hobby must have been then until I started scouring the net for more info and specs on these accessories. Lens kits, including Wide Angle and Telephoto lens plus all the filters, easily come in at least 4 figures per piece (not including the decimals mind you). I haven't even mentioned the cost of rolls (and more rolls) of films (thank God for digital!), renting a "dark room" (it's actually a red room) and all those plates and stop bath solutions needed for developing your negatives the old-fashioned and creepy way. I honestly thought these were inching their way closer towards the trash bin. Or maybe just another set of antiques highly awaited by the curator.

It seems I just might be scheduling a trip to my dad's old friend(s) in the studios, or worse-comes-to-worse, Hidalgo (Click on Hidalgo for a quick info on, well, Hidalgo, and the camera shops you could find there. You could also check out the map on the right). Might as well have these valuated first by the experts. The camera bodies (I hope at least one of them) might still be revived to its former operational glory. That old shimmer could still be brought out of the lenses. I could have a brand new, err, kinda new, plaything! I'm crossing my fingers though that I wouldn't need to shell out that much for all the repairs and restorations. Otherwise, hello DIGITAL!

Actual pics of the gear (Left-to-right, Top-to-bottom):
  1. 1977 Nikon FM w/ Nikon 50mm Series E Lens Kit
  2. 1979 Yashica FX-3 w/ Yashica 55mm Lens Kit
  3. 1976 Yashica 35MF (Yashica 38mm Lens)
  4. 2X CX Teleplus MC Lens + Vivitar 49mm Wide Angle Lens Kit
  5. Weston Master II Universal Exposure Meter
  6. Cokin Chroma Filters
  7. (UV) Filters, Adapters, Lenses, Flash, exposure meter
  8. Camera bag (other stuff in the bag: dessicants, cleaners, remote trigger, Sunpak flash slave unit, etc.)







0 Comments: