Monday, February 4, 2008

Making up for lost time

OMG! How time flies when you're too caught up! June 27th was the last post in this blog I tried so hard to find time to maintain. And here I am 7 months later, wanting a new blog, a photo blog in particular, to compliment my new toy and hobby.

To recap the last 7 months:

  • The project that rid me of blogging time, or any other personal time for that matter, is finally over (yey!)
  • Only to be replaced by an equally demanding new project (boo!) but less time-consuming at that (yey!)
  • Spent almost a week in Singapore for a well-deserved respite (yey!)
  • 300 bucks for a beer in over-hyped and undersized Hooters (boo!)
  • A business opportunity itself for a partnership to revive a provincial road-side bar (yey!)
  • Only to have me, and eventually the principal partner, retract for the very same reason I wasn't able to blog (boo!)
  • I turned 1 year in the coolest company I'm currently working my ass off for by the time the project went live (yey!)
  • But it took less for me and the love-of-my-life to call it off (sob...)
  • I was able to finally grab my hands on the much-coveted Nikon D40, an early Christmas present and long-overdue birthday gift in one! (yey!)
  • While some cheap bastard was able to get his hands on my wallet at the same time (boo!)
  • I'm loving every bit of my new found hobby - digital photography (yey!)
  • While still struggling to find that oh so precious time (boo!)
  • Our barkada finally was able to book a trip to Bangkok (yey!)
  • Which only purged my purse empty, at least for the time being, for my dream lens, a Nikkor 18-200mm VR (boo!)
T'was not a bad year after all.
Ok, I'm gonna stick it out with Blogger.

0 Comments: